Some of this work took place a few weeks ago, but I didn’t finish both trim tabs until yesterday, so here are the details.
I had to go back and fold the outside edges of the elevator trim tabs – which I held off doing until after they were primed. I cleaned up the saw marks from one of the inner sections removed when I made the supports, and glued on a piece of masonite to build up the thickness of the wedge so that it could be used as a folding jig per the instructions. Since it was from the same cutout, it was a perfect fit. Since I had already dimpled the skins, I also had to drill some indentations in the wedge to avoid damaging any dimples.
I made the folds and match drilled each end, and riveted on the horn and front spar to to the bottom skin.