Now the tail-cone is out of the way, it’s time to go back and complete some jobs I shelved at the time. In this case, the elevator trailing edges and foam ribs, which were not done at the time because I didn’t have any pro-seal. For the trailing edges, I am using the same method as I did with the rudder (described here). In fact I used the same 50 x 50 x 5mm section of angle, just a different side and cut in half to separate the two parts that the left and right elevators were previously match drilled to.
This was my first experience with Pro-seal, a gooey substance that absolutely sticks to everything, especially latex gloves and workbenches. Hopefully I got it all done without gluing an elevator to a workbench. I only used the pro-seal for foam ribs (2 each elevator, 3 each trim tab), preferring to use 3M F9460PC double sided tape for the elevator trailing edges (less mess and avoids gluing the elevator to the straight edge).
I included the previously match drilled (half) hinge on the trim tabs when I cleco’d them up after the foam ribs were glued in place. Once the pro-seal cures it is all ready for riveting.
Left it all to cure overnight.